Sunday, February 10, 2008

back in town

So glad to be home and amongst my stuff. The house is very clean, joe steamed the carpet, folded the laundry and caulked the shower. Next weekend it will be my turn to clean the house from top to bottom.
Henry loves watching the butterflies burst out of their cocoons, we were lucky and and a bunch were coming out at the same time. I took these shots with a 50mm f/1.8 lens and without the flash. I could have used the flash but I didn't bring in the camera bag. I need to play some more with dragging the shutter, this would have been a perfect opportunity to sit and play a long time.

This dark room is the underwater room with oversized shrimps, crabs, jellyfishes and fishes. Henry was a little spooked by the giant jellyfish. I took this shot with the on-board crappy flash but it worked, the room is blue and the light cast is a dark blue. Not bad for a shot over my shoulder.

Outside the museum, there are small elevated water gardens with lilies and fishes. This flower was just asking to have its picture taken. It really was that vibrant pink.
On the way home, I caught this billowing smoke cloud that looked like it was taking over the road. The Withlacoochie forest was having a "controlled" burn today. Didn't look in control to me.

1 comment:

Scrappin' Jackie said...

hey, we r going away next weekend. wanna send joe over here to clean MY house. lol