Friday, March 6, 2009

3 printers later

So I call dell again and explain what is going on with the printer, I tell them its the printhead just send me a printhead. Thirty minutes later I get a dispatch notice that "something" has been sent via FedEx. Thursday morning I get a call from Joe "there is a huge box from Dell" so they sent a printer. I get home and unpack the printer, there's nothing in the printer - no carts or printhead. So as a trial I take out the printhead from the original printer [op] put in the replacement printer and run a test print - no go, same issue -not printing all the colours just cyan & magenta.

I chat Dell again, state the problem & case numbers associated with the 3 previous chats/calls. This time the guy says they'll send out a whole printer package not just a printer chassis. He stated "why did the previous agent just dispatched a printer when it looks like its a printhead issue", he was reading the chat session log and thinking outloud. So again today FedEx dropped off a HUGE box, the guy was like "what is in these huge boxes that I have delivered everyday". Luckily, the agent included 2 new ink cartrides to replace the 2 that I used up while they tried to figure out the problem.

I didn't even open up the printer box, I just popped in the printhead into the original printer and bam it works beautifully. So now I'm printing up a bunch of pictures, I haven't scrap in 2 weeks!

1 comment:

Scrappin' Jackie said...

have fun printing my friend. i haven't had a working printer in about two months now. UGH.