Wednesday, February 25, 2009

House cleaned

The house has been shoveled...literally...a big whomping snow shovel. I can see the floor, the counters have been declutter, the school/art work put away into appropriate bins, floor swept, workspace cleaned up and items put back into bins/spots.

So here is a few more pics of the big bag from Ravelry.com - if you haven't joined you need to (if you are a knitter..coughcoughjen). Here is a shot while on the circulars -13us bigguns w/ double strand of wool yarn (cascade 220), it needs to be wool if you want to felt/full it down.

A close up of after felting, see the difference? The knits are "gone"! Felting firms up the knits & shrinks the object. Ask Joe about felting the wool soaker when Henry was a bub, oye that one stunk. The soaker (cloth diaper cover that looks like woolen unders) was brand new and he didn't know not to throw it in the diaper bin and I didn't look before I dumped the nappies into the frontloader. We only lost one soldier during our diapering days. I so wished I picked up the needles years ago, I thought it was so hard to learn. WTH! It's been great for my ADD, keeps my hands busy.

Here's nico holding up the bag after felting, big difference in sizes. I love this bag, it stands up by itself and holds a decent size knitting project. I got stopped twiced today and asked about it, that was a nice ego stroke. So jen, you game???

Next project some felted bowls for kitchen clutter in style.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Game? I'm scared!