Monday, July 21, 2008

Allergist

Meet with the allergist this morning to get new meds for "reactions" - itchies, puffiness, congestion, headaches and so on. Ran the scratch test on my arm, mild reaction to everything - dogs/cats, trees, pollen, hay, dust, mold/mildew and other stuff that I can't remember. Then they injected my upper arm with dog/cat, trees, grass, dust, mold/mildew & a few other irritants . Within 1 minute I had marble size welts with grass & dust as the worse. I took this picture an hour after the shots & the spots were still swollen.
They iced down the area & sprayed it with benedryl about 5 mins later but dang it hurt. The nurse gave me a xyzal to take right away for the reaction. The arm is looking much better 2 hours later, the swelling is barely noticable now. It was very scary looking & super itchy.

Basically the Dr. said I'm having an allergic reaction to everything that they tested me for today - indoor/outdoor allergens. So a new list of meds to try, keep a daily journal of my reactions/nonreactions and get rid of the carpet (duhh).

Nico enjoying his lolly, the nurse bribed him into talking. The boy would not say word to anyone, just his name. He was very good during the hour interview & testing. He sat there watching the nurse administer the tests and then asked me questions about what they were doing after the nurse & dr. left the room.

Henry goes in on Thursday for testing, the kid doesn't have a chance. He's just like me in every way other than look (thankgoodness). Hopefully he'll sit thru the scratch test like he did with the blood withdrawal. I'm going to have to bribe him with some new legos or something, it is not easy to sit there and let them pick you with a straight pin repeatedly.

2 comments:

Scrappin' Jackie said...

ya know when they were going to test joshy they said no pin testing. they do blood testing with a kiddo his age. might wanna inquire.
i am happy to keep nico while u go if you need/want me to. lmk.

Ginni C. said...

Ouch, ouch, ouch! That looks painful!!!! Have you ordered a bubble yet??? Feel better soon !!!

HUGS!!