Wednesday, December 12, 2007

He did great

We arrived at the UDI at 11.45am and was told I couldn't bring Nico into the back. I really do not have anyone close by to watch the boys or give me a break when needed. So I called Joe at work and he drove across town to get Nick and take him back home. So at 12.30 they administered the oral sedative and told H. to lie down. An hour later he was still sitting up and asking all questions, the nurse decided to try him in the machine he might sit still long enough. So off we go to the room.

H was very interested in the big round machine, climbed up on the table, didn't panic or freak out when they put the head gear thing over him and fill it up with cushions. They rolled him into the machine and the loud noises started (he had ear plugs) he was startled a bit but with 3 minutes he was out cold and slept thru the whole process.

Not sure how long it took, lost track of time but the nurse came in and said they pictures came out fine. I woke him up and he said "what happened? I missed it?" About 30 minutes later he was discharged but he complained/whined/threw a fit about going out a different door. He sat on the ground by the car whining about not going out the locked door. Joe said he was whiny most of the afternoon and into the evening. I had the Open House at the doodle so I dropped H off at home and turned around went to St. Pete. My whole day was spent out of the house.
H having his O2 & heart rate checked.

Here he is in coming out of the machine.

1 comment:

Scrappin' Jackie said...

I am sooo glad that he did so well. Wish I could sleep thru that thing every year. It is soooooo loud, especially now with the better machines.

Fingers crossed that the films get read quickly and the dr. gives a great report.
Jax