Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Had a scare yesterday

Monday morning Henry complained of an earache. I sent him off to school and made a pedi appt for 10am. All was fine at the visit, the dr. said it looked like the ear infection was subsiding but gave me a script just incase. Back to school we go or so I thought. Around 1pm Mrs. Jen calls and says Henry is inconsolable and wants his mom. I pick him up and he acts fine at home -running around, picking on nico, no fever and no ear complaints.

Tuesday morning I keep him home, he wasn't acting well. He was okay most of the day, just super whinny. Around 4pm he spikes a fever and starts acting loopy. I call joe and told him to get his butt home now. I call the nurseline, she tells me if his fever is below 101 he's doing okay give him the antibiotics and if his fever goes higher go to the ER. I throw him in the shower, joe shows up and I send him out with the rx. An hour later, joe's back home and we give H. his dosage. Within 2 hours henry is acting better and could sleep without whining.

Today he woke up without a fever and is acting like his old self. Both boys are out in the backyard shooting each other with nerf guns. Its such a beautiful day out and my boys are doing fine.

Now what can happen, this house has been sick for atleast 3 weeks now. NO more!

1 comment:

Scrappin' Jackie said...

sorry you have all been sick. hope this is the end of it. LYSOL the entire house tomorrow when H. goes off to school.
Nico looked fine when I saw them filling the rx last night.
Jackie